DBT has prepared the content of this website responsibly and carefully, but disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website
DBT shall not be liable for any losses or damages (including without limitation consequential loss or damage) whatsoever from the use of, or reliance on, the information in its website, or from the use of the Internet generally.
DBT accepts no responsibility for and excludes all liability in connection with browsing this Web site, use of information or downloading any materials from it, including but not limited to any liability for errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or misleading or defamatory statements.
All content and information at DBT might be changed or updated without notice. DBT might also make changes or improvements at any time without notice.
A Special Note for Children: Children are not eligible to use our service and we ask that minors (under the age of 13) do not submit any personal information to us or use the service. DBT does not collect or maintain information from those actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of the Web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13.
Important Categories of Information for you to know:
1. Who we are
2. Information we may collect at the Web site
3. How your information is used
1. Who We Are: DBT owns and operates the Website through Biotech Consortium India Limited(BCIL), the purpose of which is to popularise Biotechnology activities, by providing financial assistance related to Conference, Travel, Exhibition and Popular Lectures and to serve as a directory and listing resource for the biotechnology area. Depending on the grant selected by you, we may make information submitted by you at the Web site available to licensors to the extent the service you have selected involves use of intellectual property owned by such licensors.
2. Information We Collect: There are several areas on the Web site where you may be asked to enter both personal and non-personal information. We DO NOT share any personal information about you to or with any person or organization except (i) as authorized by you, (ii) as set forth herein, or (iii) as may be required by law or court order.
(a) Information we receive from you. To use or avail certain of DBT’ services, when you come to the Web site you’ll need to provide personal information such as your name, phone number, e-mail address and other information.
(b) Information from the "Contact Us" section of the Web site. You may contact DBT-CTEP Management Cell through the "Contact Us" feature. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
3. How your information is used: We use the information you provide us to
provide grants to you as described throughout the Web site. DBT may also share
certain aggregated data with third parties for general surveys, research and
demographic purposes; however, this data does not include any of your personal
In addition, DBT may disclose account or other personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with DBT’ rights or property, other Web site users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
DBT uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and DBT. Although DBT has taken reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, DBT cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Indian Penal Code under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India. Those who choose to access this site from outside the India are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
PLEASE PRINT AND RETAIN A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.